District Race Singapore 2020 | Terms & Conditions
District Race Singapore (20 November – 30 December 2020)
Terms and Conditions:
- District Race Singapore [“Contest”] is organized by District Technologies Pte. Ltd. [“Organiser”]. The Contest will be held commencing from 20th November 2020 00:00 (GMT+8) and ends 23:59 (GMT+8) on 30th December 2020 [”Contest Period”].
1a. There will be a Training period to test the checkpoint collection commencing from 27th October 2020 00:00 (GMT+8) and ends 23:59 (GMT+8) on 19th November 2020. No prizes will be given, and any points scored during this time period will be erased from the District Race Mission leaderboard at 00:00 on 20th November (GMT+8).
- During the Contest Period, there will be four (4) competitions:
2a. Competition 1 (20th November to 30th December 2020) - The top male and top female in points on the overall Mission leaderboard will win a prize.
2ai. Score points in the mission leaderboard by collecting Checkpoints in Singapore. Checkpoints are available to be collected once per day. The first collection is worth 500 points, and each collection of the same checkpoint after that is worth 200 points.
2aii. Additional Checkpoints may be available throughout the campaign, including Run Challenges. A participant's top score on each run challenge will be counted on the mission leaderboard. (e.g. If a participant takes part in 5 different run challenges, the 5 top scores will count on the leaderboard. If a participant does the same run challenge 5 times, only the one top score will count).
2aiii. There is no minimum score needed for any activity to be attributed to the leaderboard.
2aiv. In the event of a tie, the participant who explored a higher percentage of Singapore (collecting more unique checkpoints) will be ranked higher.
2av. Winners will be announced on 6 January 2021.
2b. Competition 2 (20th November to 3rd December 2020) – the top 30 scorers on the overall leaderboard in the first 2 weeks will win a prize.
2bi. Each winner will receive a SGD $50 shopping voucher for Takashimaya.
2bii. Participants may not win a voucher more than once.
2biii. Winners will be announced on 4 December 2020.
2c. Competition 3 (4th December 2020 to 17th December 2020) – the top 30 scorers on Run Challenges will win a prize.
2ci. Run Challenges will be live across Singapore for limited periods of time during the 2 week challenge period.
2cii. A participant's top score on each Challenge will go towards points for this Challenge.
2civ. A public leaderboard will not be provided for this Challenge, and scores will be calculated from the Run Challenge leaderboards.
2cv. Winners will be announced on 18 December 2020.
2d. Competition 4 (20th November 2020 to 30th December 2020) - post a photo or video of your 2020 augmented reality medal (virtual or physical) during the event and tag @DistrictRaceSG.
2di. 30 winners will be chosen for best post, by decision of the organiser.
2dii. Social media profiles must be public for a chance to win.
2dii. Posts from anytime during the 6-week event period will count as eligible towards this competition.
2diii. Winners will be announced on 6 January 2021.
2e. Participants must join the District Race Singapore 2020 Mission in the District app to be eligible for any prizes.
2f. Employees of District and MSIG, and their immediate family members are not eligible for the prizes.
2g. If anyone is found to be cheating, they will be removed from the competition at the sole discretion of the Organizer.
- For every 100 points scored, MSIG will contribute to the protection of 1 tree.
3a. MSIG will contribute to a maximum of 20,000 trees, for up to 2,000,000 points scored by runners during the event dates. Points must be scored between 20 November and 30 December, 2020. Points will be calculated by the accumulative points scored by all participants in the District Race Singapore 2020 Mission.
- Participants are only allowed to travel on foot during any District activity. No wheels of any kind, including but not limited to bicycles, skateboards, and scooters. The organizer reserves the right to disqualify any offending participants accordingly.
- The Organizer reserves its rights to change or remove Checkpoint locations and points values.
- The Organizer reserves its rights to change the location and dates of the Contest.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the prizes.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the design of the AR medal, virtual AR medal, and t-shirt.
- The prize is not exchangeable and/or transferable. Failure to accept prize by the winners when required to do so shall constitute a rejection by such winner(s) and the Organizer reserves it rights to award the prize to another winner(s).
- The Organizer reserves its rights to publish or display materials or information, including but not limited to the names of all Participants for marketing, advertising and publicity purposes in any manner it deems appropriate. The Organizer further reserves its right to use any personal data of Participants in any manner and/or for any purpose it deems fit and the Participants are deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
- The Organizer reserves its right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest with or without any prior notice and reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Organizer shall not entitle the Participants to any claim or compensation against the Organizer for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- By participating in the Contest, Participants are deemed to agree to be bound by the Terms and subject to the Conditions herein set out upon submission of entry. The terms and conditions herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional or advertising materials for the Contest. In the event of any inconsistency, conflict, ambiguity or discrepancy between the English version and any other languages version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail at all times.
- The Organizer reserves its right to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions and/or substitute or replace the gifts from time to time without any prior notice.
- The decisions of the Organizer in relation to every aspect of the Contest including but not limited to the type of prize and winner shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstance and no complaint from any Participants will be entertained.
- The decision of judges appointed by the Organizer are final, conclusive and binding and no further appeal, enquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.
- Participants and Winner(s) shall not hold Organizer liable for the outcome of the Contest
- The Prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and not exchangeable for cash or any other benefits in kind.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner(s) is unable to use the Prize as stated.
- District Technologies Pte. Ltd. shall bear no responsibility for any damage, loss (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss), liability, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the winner or their guest in connection with this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- District Technologies Pte. Ltd. retains the right to substitute the Prize with another of similar value in the event the original Prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- You agree that District Technologies may collect, use, share and disclose your personal data, obtained by our organisation with your consent, to government agencies (e.g. Sport Singapore) for these government agencies to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 or other relevant legislation.